Recipe by katiekatiekatie
With three fruits, not too bad on the sugar, and bran, this is so good for you it could be spinach.
Top Review by body_soul_n_stuff
This is very good! My 15 month old loves these, we will make again. We went 1/2 and 1/2 with white and wheat flour and I only had berry flavored applesauce.(next time I will use unsweetened!) thanks much for posting
- 1 orange, with peel, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup natural bran
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut orange into pieces, remove seeds, leave peel on.
- Put in blender and puree along with orange juice.
- Add egg, butter and applesauce.
- Puree again.
- Combine dry ingredients, stir in contents of blender.
- Barely mix in blueberries.
- Spoon muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 for 17 minutes.