Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adapted Quaker Oatmeal's "Vanishing Oatmeal Raisen Cookies" recipe to lower the fat and increase the fiber (and my husband didn't even notice!) For less sugar and even lower fat, I sometimes substitute Splenda for the granulated sugar and EnerG egg substitue for the eggs.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat together butter, oil, and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and flour; beat well.
- Stir in oats and raisens; mix well. (I usually stir in half of the oats and raisens, then stir in the rest to make sure all the oats and raisens get well distributed.).
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool for 1 - 2 minutes on baking sheet, then move to wire rack.