Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is Lighthouse Rita's recipe with a few changes. I am posting it so I can see the nutritional info and keep track of the changes I made.
- 1 1⁄4 cups oat bran
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seed
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together oat bran, ground flaxseed, and milk, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Grease muffin cups or use paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together applesauce, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Beat in bran mixture.
- Sift together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir into bran mixture until just blended. Fold in blueberries.
- Scoop into muffin cups. Filled 3/4s to almost full makes 14 for me.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly tapped.