1/4 Photos of Low-Fat High Fiber Blueberry Bran Muffins
Lighthouse Rita's Note:
These muffins are a great low-fat moist muffin. I used 1/2 cup brown sugar instead of the 2/3 cup called for and I felt they were sweet enough. I also added chopped apples.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups wheat bran (I used oat bran)
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (I used 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries (I added a chopped apple.)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease muffin cups or use paper muffin liners.
- 3Mix together wheat bran and milk, and let stand for 10 minutes. (I didn't do this and muffins turned out fine.).
- 4In a large bowl, mix together applesauce, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- 5Beat in bran mixture.
- 6Sift together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- 7Stir into bran mixture until just blended. Fold in blueberries.
- 8Scoop into muffin cups.
- 9Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly tapped.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat High Fiber Blueberry Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.3
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 200.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g