Well... this one is a MUST! An amazing cake. Very good either hot or cold. Great for Breakfast, snack or entertaining. It's a healthy allover cake, it's interesting & it's mmmmm.. so tasty. This cake usually disappears so fast -- make sure to double the ingredients and store in a safe place. (This cake can be stored in the freezer.)
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (unpacked)
- 1 1⁄2 cups natural orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (full tsp)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or more)
- 4 tablespoons lemon peel (fresh grated)
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Spray two 12x6 Baking Pans.
- In a bowl, mix with a hand mixer egg + oil + orange juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour + sugar + vanilla sugar + baking powder + spices + lemon peel.
- Gradually, add liquid mixture to dry ingredients.
- Mix well to a homogenous mixture.
- Pour evenly to baking pans.
- Bake 30-40 until light brown and bouncy to touch.
- *** Upgrades and other options:.
- >> Take about 2 Tbs from sugar and mix with cinnamon. Slice some apples (with peel) and arrange on bottom of baking pan. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon mixture and than pour cake mixture. When cake is ready turn upside down to a serving tray. The top is lovely, crunchy and surprising!
- >> Oil can be substitute with 80 grams butter - if this is the taste you're going for --
- >> Soak 50 grams raisins in some brandy for 1/2 hour, and add to cake mixture.
- ** Nutritional Values per one serving: 92.4 Calories, 15.5 grams Carbohydrates, 1.3 grams Protein, 2.8 grams Fat, 9 milligrams Cholesterol, 27.27% FAT!
OUTSTANDING. Best cake I've eeeeeever had. It's true, it is great for breakfast and a snack, and the best part is, I don't feel guilty for eating delicious cake because it's very healthy.