Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
Delicious and healthy to boot!
Top Review by rainbow_food
Made these today and had one straight from the oven! Delicious - you wouldn't believe they were so healthy! I didn't have buttermilk so just used extra low fat natural yogurt instead and they still worked great.
Lets hope they don't dry out too much towards the end of the day.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (or Splenda)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 eggs or 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare muffin tin.
- Sift flours and spice. Stir in sugar.
- Make well in centre.
- Place buttermilk, yoghurt, eggs and oil in large jug. Mix well.
- Pour into flour mixture, stir with wooden spoon until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes.