Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Eat carbs for breakfast!!! These mini loaves are delicious AND low in fat and calories AND you're getting your fruit and fiber in for breakfast!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons extra-light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat 2 4x6 inch mini loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients.
- Stir in blueberries and make a well; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine next 4 ingredients. Pour mixture into the well int the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened and slightly lumpy.
- Pour batter into pans until they are 3/4 full. Sprinkle 1 t. of sugar over each loaf.
- Bake 40-45 minute until tops are light golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 min in pan, then remove from pan and cool on rack.