Recipe by amievv821
Eat carbs for breakfast!!! These mini loaves are delicious AND low in fat and calories AND you're getting your fruit and fiber in for breakfast!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons extra-light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat 2 4x6 inch mini loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients.
- Stir in blueberries and make a well; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine next 4 ingredients. Pour mixture into the well int the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened and slightly lumpy.
- Pour batter into pans until they are 3/4 full. Sprinkle 1 t. of sugar over each loaf.
- Bake 40-45 minute until tops are light golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 min in pan, then remove from pan and cool on rack.