Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sounded delicious whilst being low fat. I don't remember where it came from! I haven't tried it yet but will be soon. If you don't have golden syrup try corn syrup. Leave the coconut out if you want low-fat.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 cup bran flakes, slightly crushed
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup sultana
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven 200 celsius. In pan combine sugar, syrup and applesauce, heat until sugar dissolved.
- In bowl, combine cereal, sultanas, coconut and nuts. In separate bowl, add flour to apricots and mix to coat. Add to dry mix, combine.
- Stir in egg whites, vanila and syrup mix, combine well.
- Bake 15 to 20 mins or until golden brown. Cool 10 mins then cut into bars.