1/1 Photo of Low-Fat Hazelnut Cappuccino Biscotti
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is inspired by a similar version of a recipe from Julie Van Rosendaal's "One Smart Cookie." Perfect with a cup of coffee. Be certain that you like hazelnuts before preparing this recipe; the nutty flavor is distinct!! If you want a stronger coffee flavor, use espresso, otherwise I recommend a strong dark blend
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- 2In a separate bowl, mix the coffee, milk, egg, egg white, and vanilla; Add to the dry ingredients and stir until doughy.
- 3Fold in the hazelnuts.
- 4On a floured surface, form TWO logs 8" long and 3" wide.
- 5Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and place the logs a few inches a part.
- 6If desired, prepare an egg wash of 3/4 part egg white and 1/4 part water. Brush the logs gently and cover w/ COARSE sugar.
- 7Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- 8Cool for 15 minutes.
- 9Cut the logs into .5" thick slices and place cut side up on the cookie sheet.
- 10Cook for an additional 40 minutes at 275 degrees flipping halfway through.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Hazelnut Cappuccino Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.6
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 88.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g