A breakfast casserole for those of us who should avoid the regular high fat sort.
Make and share this Low Fat Hash Browns Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (4 ounce) cartons egg substitute or 6 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 10 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped or 1 cup diced ham
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine eggs, evaporated milk, salt and black pepper in large bowl. Add potatoes, cheese, onion, bell pepper and ham; mix well. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until set.
- * May substitute Evaporated Milk for Evaporated Fat Free Milk.