Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A breakfast casserole for those of us who should avoid the regular high fat sort.
- 3 (4 ounce) cartons egg substitute or 6 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 10 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped or 1 cup diced ham
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine eggs, evaporated milk, salt and black pepper in large bowl. Add potatoes, cheese, onion, bell pepper and ham; mix well. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until set.
- * May substitute Evaporated Milk for Evaporated Fat Free Milk.
This really suited our family for our Christmas morning breakfast. We are all watching our fat intake and it was easy to make vegetarian. I simply substituted soy bacon and it worked perfectly for our two vegetarian daughters. Thanks for posting Annacia.
I thought this was quick, easy and tasty. It just didn't get any ohs and ahs from my BF. Thank you so much for posting Anna. : )
This was a really easy go-to breakfast casserole for me to whip up the night b/f and throw in the oven first thing in the a.m. I used EggBeaters for the eggs and fried bacon for the meat part. Perfect. Liked the addition of the hashbrowns as opposed to some of mine that I make with a crust. Glad I tagged for 123 HitWonders.