Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Okay--don't get grossed out. This is SUCH a GREAT recipe. No one will know it has cottage cheese in it. And it doesn't darken like other guacamoles do! Adapted from Moosewood Low-fat favorites
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2⁄3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon green onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Slice the avocado in half and scoop out the flesh.
- In a food processor, combine the avocado, cottage cheese, lime juice, green onions, jalapeño and garlic.
- Purée until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or chill.
- Serve with raw veggies or tortilla chips.
This sounds weird but it's great! Very fast to put together, very flavorful, and much lower in fat and calories than the typical guacamole. I added fresh cilantro before pureeing, and added chopped tomatoes afterward. Those things just suit my personal taste and make it crave-worthy!
I have to back this one up. I have been making this version of guacamole for a few years now, and it's wonderful! It's very popular with guac lovers AND non-guac lovers, too. I like to add a small amount of cumin and cayenne pepper, and top it with chopped fresh tomatoes.