1/2 Photos of Low Fat Ground Beef Wellingtons
Inspired once again by the net, Are these REALLY low fat? YOU BET! Tasty little morsels, EASY to do! HOPE you will look forward to review!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat stock in frypan; saute finely diced onion 5 minutes.
- 2ADD garlic (I used jar), finely diced mushrooms (I used button) and celery; cook until celery is soft.
- 3PLACE mixture in bowl and place in fridge 20 minutes until cool; add pepper.
- 4COMBINE in bowl ground beef, parsley, egg and breadcrumbs.
- 5ROLL into 8 patties.
- 6NOTE: If patties look or feel dry at this point they will come out that way; should have a combined texture.
- 7NOTE: Can use less garlic.
- 8NOTE: Pampas has just come out with low fat pastry 33 percent less fat which is what I used.
- 9NOTE: DO NOT COOK ground beef and TRUST that it will cook properly in the pastry :).
- 10CUT 2 sheets of puff pastry into 4 pieces.
- 11PLACE pattie in middle of pastry, add the mushroom mixture on to of the beef and fold like and envelope; making sure you pinch close all seams;.
- 12HELPFUL HINT --- Do not feel you have to be gentle with the pastry and you do not want to touch it for too long so that the heat of your hands melts it.
- 13Spray each wellington with oil and.
- 14place wellingtons on tray with baking paper.
- 15BAKE in oven for 35-40 minutes 200C/400°F.
- 16NOTE: Pastry will be lightly golden brown and ground beef will be cooked.
- 18NOTE: I also put decorative puff pastry hearts at the top of the wellington but when asked hubby if he noticed -- well -- mmmmm -- but I knew it was romantic :).
- 19He did say they were TERRIFIC! :).
- 20SERVED with rocket, feta and tomato.
Browse Our Top Brunch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Ground Beef Wellingtons
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.6
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 279.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: