Recipe by CaliforniaJan
This recipe was featured on an episode of Biggest Looser by celebrity chef Curtis Stone and it looked delicious so I decided to try it. The chicken can be cooked on a George Foreman-type grill.
- 1.23 ml cumin seed
- 1.23 ml fennel seed
- 1.23 ml coriander seed
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml turmeric powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped fine
- 118.29 ml plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled and deseeded and finely diced
- 946.36 ml mixed baby greens
- 4 sprig fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a grill or grill pan.
- Place a small sauté pan over medium high heat and toast each of the seeds separately for 1 to 2 minutes and remove from pan to a mixing bowl to cool.
- Using a mortar and pestle or a food processor grind the spices into a powder being sure to break up any large pieces of the seeds.
- Pass the spice mix through a small sifter into a mixing bowl and mix well, set aside.
- On a clean work surface lay out several even layers of plastic wrap approximately 1 foot wide and place one chicken breast over the plastic.
- Cover the chicken with another piece of layered plastic and lightly pound the chicken breast with a meat mallet or meat tenderizer until the chicken breast is thinned out to about a ½ inch thickness, being careful not to rip or tear the chicken breast.
- Repeat with the second chicken breast.
- Lightly brush the grill with a little vegetable oil.
- Season each side of the chicken generously with the spice mix and reserve any remaining spice mix for a later use in an airtight container.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F
- While the chicken is cooking mix the lemon juice, garlic, cucumber and yogurt in a small mixing bowl until well incorporated.
- Remove the chicken from the grill to a plate and let rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Arrange the greens on a large serving platter. Place the chicken breasts atop the greens and drizzle the sauce over and around the chicken. Garnish the chicken with cilantro leaves and serve.