This recipe was featured on an episode of Biggest Looser by celebrity chef Curtis Stone and it looked delicious so I decided to try it. The chicken can be cooked on a George Foreman-type grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped fine
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and deseeded and finely diced
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1Preheat a grill or grill pan.
- 2Place a small sauté pan over medium high heat and toast each of the seeds separately for 1 to 2 minutes and remove from pan to a mixing bowl to cool.
- 3Using a mortar and pestle or a food processor grind the spices into a powder being sure to break up any large pieces of the seeds.
- 4Pass the spice mix through a small sifter into a mixing bowl and mix well, set aside.
- 5On a clean work surface lay out several even layers of plastic wrap approximately 1 foot wide and place one chicken breast over the plastic.
- 6Cover the chicken with another piece of layered plastic and lightly pound the chicken breast with a meat mallet or meat tenderizer until the chicken breast is thinned out to about a ½ inch thickness, being careful not to rip or tear the chicken breast.
- 7Repeat with the second chicken breast.
- 8Lightly brush the grill with a little vegetable oil.
- 9Season each side of the chicken generously with the spice mix and reserve any remaining spice mix for a later use in an airtight container.
- 10Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F
- 11While the chicken is cooking mix the lemon juice, garlic, cucumber and yogurt in a small mixing bowl until well incorporated.
- 12Remove the chicken from the grill to a plate and let rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 13Arrange the greens on a large serving platter. Place the chicken breasts atop the greens and drizzle the sauce over and around the chicken. Garnish the chicken with cilantro leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Grilled, Spiced Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.0
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 62.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens