Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- to taste lettuce leaf
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, torn
- 3 grapefruits, peeled
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, flaked, drained, and cartilage removed
- 1 small green sweet pepper, sliced into rings
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 egg, hard-boiled, white part used only, chopped
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 3 -5 drops bottled hot pepper sauce
- Line 4 individual plates with lettuce leaves; top with torn greens.
- Section grapefruit over a bowl to catch juice; set juice aside. Remove seeds from sections.
- Arrange grapefruit sections, tomatoes, crabmeat, and pepper rings on top of greens.
- For dressing, in a bowl combine 2 tablespoons of the reserved grapefruit juice, the mayonnaise, yogurt, hard-cooked egg white, catsup, and hot pepper sauce. If desired, stir in additional grapefruit juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency.
- Top each salad with some of the dressing mixture. Makes 4 main-dish servings.