Recipe by Neberanzan
My mom makes this to put over low-fat vanilla yogurt and fruit. Very tasty!
Top Review by WaterandTrees
Living in northern Michigan, up here it's all about the cherries. The modifications I made to this wonderful recipe do alter it, and to my way of thinking - improve on it. I cut down the sugar by half, added flaked coconut, dried cherries and cut back on the vanilla, adding a couple of drops of Almond extract. Almonds were also used instead of Walnuts. Finally since I never use spray on anything (it gums up my pans), I lined my cookiesheet with parchment paper and put the granola on that. When it's done and cooled, you simply lift the parchment and pour into a container.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Combine sugar and water in a 4 cup microwave safe dish and microwave for 5 minutes or until all sugar is dissolved.
- Add vanilla and salt to sugar mixture.
- Place oats and nuts in extra large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar mixture into the oats and nuts and mix VERY thoroughly.
- Spread on 2 cookie sheets sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 275 degrees for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.