Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
No artificial sweeteners!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine graham with melted butter and sugar and mix well.
- Mix in egg white and mix well.
- Press crumbs into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 4-8 minutes, just until the crust is beginning to bake. Do not allow to burn.
- Remove and cool- now it's ready for your wonderful pie!
This turned out perfectly! I used it as a base for a key-lime pie, and it lifted easily out of the pan. It's not too sweet, and is far superior to a store-bought low fat crust.
I tried this recipe because it is low fat, and I would not make it again! The crust was soggy and hard to get out of the pan. I baked it for 8 minutes and cooled before adding the filling for a key lime pie. Overall, the crust got soggy.