Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another passed down family recipe. A favorite of Northerners and, with a few tweaks, lower in fat.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Brown onions in margarine in a large skillet. Add ground turkey and brown.
- While this is cooking, cook macaroni according to directions.
- Drain and rinse the turkey and mix in seasonings. Drain the macaroni. Place both in large skillet.
- Add all the ingredients using only 1/2 the can of tomatoes until it cooks a little while. Add the rest and simmer 15 minutes.
A great tasting recipe.
Good, but I was not a fan of the kidney beans, next time I'll omit them.