Recipe by cooking-BAG
This was from Prevention- March 1994. You can't go wrong with this flavorful dessert. With only 10% of calories from fat, this recipe is a lifesaver when your sweet-tooth is aching for a treat. I don't know what Zaar will come up with, but here are the stats from Prevention: Serves 8, 156 calories, 1.7 g.fat, 2.1 g.dietary fiber, 5 g. protein, 32.6 g.carbs, 2 g.cholesterol, 80mg.sodium.
Top Review by CieJF
I made this last night to satisfy my sweet tooth, yet try to stay healthy. It was quick and easy to prepare (I left the peel on the apples for added nutrition). I just did a light sprinkling of granola on top to save calories. It totally hit the spot and I will definitely make it on a regular basis!
- 4 cups apples (sliced)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup low-fat granola cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat 10 inch pie pan with no-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together apples, lemon rind, lemon juice and 1 T honey.
- Spread in prepared dish.
- In same bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg substitute, and remaining 2 T honey.
- Pour over the apples.
- Sprinkle w/the granola, leaving a 1-inch rim around the edge.
- Bake at 350F for 50 to 60 minute or until puffed and golden. Serve warm.