Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe may be low-fat, but it tastes very good! It's from rec.food.recipes news group.
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- 3 whole chicken breasts, split
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine thawed orange juice concentrate (not regular orange juice) in bowl along with the marjoram, garlic powder and nutmeg.
- Split the chicken breasts to make 6 serving sizes.
- Dip each piece into the orange juice to coat completely.
- Place in crock pot.
- Pour the remaining orange juice mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, or cook on high for 4 hours if you wish.
- Precise cooking time is not important in crock pot cooking.
- When chicken is done, remove to serving platter.
- Pour the sauce that remains in crock pot into a saucepan.
- Mix the cornstarch and water and stir into the juice in pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly.
- Serve the sauce over the chicken.
Nice easy recipe! Hubby loved it-said the glaze was like orange marmalade. It was surprisingly sweet. Thanks.
I really liked this recipe. I tried to make it last week and left it for 6 hours on low. Not sure what happened but it didnt work. Today I made it while I was at home. Very delicious. I served it on brown rice and should have made some veggies to go with it. I will make it again and add some veggies!