This a very easy to make dish everyone loves. It's goes great with rice, or as a snack, or in dairy salad bar. The amazing thing about it that even though it's low fat, it doesn't taste as if... To add a punch, decorate with raisins and/or pieces of dried prunes. It's similar to the traditional Tzimmes - but it's not. I'll post the Tzimmes recipe soon....
- Rinse carrots under tub to defreeze.
- Put in pot with small amount of water to steam and soften.
- Melt butter in pot - keep flame low - and add sugar.
- Stir to melt sugar and integrate into glaze.
- Place carrots in pot with glaze and gently mix.
- Place carrots is serving try.
- Nutritional Values - 28% Fat!:
- 384 Calories, 64 grams Carbohydrates, 12 grams Protein, 12 grams Fat (7 sat. 0 trans), 30 mg Cholesterol, 435 Sodium, 10 grams Fibers, 10 grams Sugars.