Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
These reduced fat gingerbread cookies still taste great. Adapted from Shape Magazine.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients (except sugar) and blend well.
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients plus sugar and beat until smooth.
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Separate into 2 parts, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour or more.
- Roll out cookies 1/8 inch thick and cut out shapes.
- Place onto aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
I had to add one more egg because it was so dry. After 1 hour in the fridge the dough was really hard to work with. It was crumbling like crazy. I didn't even bother with the cookie cutters. Even though they were hard to work with the end result was very good. I love them for breakfast with my coffee. I will make these again but I may add something else to make it a bit more moist. Maybe and egg white. Great low fat cookie.