Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Applesauce and egg substitute are used to replace the fat in this recipe. I haven't tried this yet, but one of the trainers at my gym swears by them!
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup light molasses
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk egg substitute into applesauce, sugar, brown sugar and molasses.
- In another bowl combine and sift dry ingredients together. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Let dough rest in the refrigerator 30 minutes or longer before baking.
- Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray and place a tablespoon of dough 2-inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. (Longer baking time yields crunchier cookies.).