Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe also works with shrimp.
- 4 ounces spaghetti
- 4 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion (1/2c choppd)
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons Smart Balance light butter spread
- Cook pasta until done, drain, return to pan.
- Stir in spinach, tomatoes and 2t oil.
- Cover to keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking: in 12 inch saucepan, heat remaing 1t oil over med heat.
- Add onion, cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add chicken, and garlic.
- Cook and stir until chicken is done.
- Stir in chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
- cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in parsley and butter.
- Add chicken mixture to pasta mixture in saucepan,
- Toss to mix.
We loved this! I used grape tomatoes, doubled the garlic and added 8 ounces of fresh mushrooms to the saute process. I totally forgot to add the parsley and butter and loved it without it. Will definitely make this again. I also added some crushed red peppers to the saute process.
Yum! Simple, tasty -- Thanks for posting!
We liked this very much, but I did add a little more garlic and combined chicken and shrimp, also topped with Parmesan cheese. I will definitely be making this again.