Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this healthy and very low fat recipe from the Betty Crocker website. You can play around with the recipe depending on your preferences (or what you have on hand). You can use 1 cup of sweet peas, chopped broccoli or 1-inch asparagus pieces for the zucchini.
- 1⁄2 cup grated reduced-fat parmesan cheese, topping
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2⁄3 cup sweet whole kernel corn
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick Heart Smart mix
- 1 cup nonfat milk (skim)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free liquid egg product or 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheese in baking dish. Top with zucchini, corn, tomato and onion. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over vegetables.
- In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake uncovered 32 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. [High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase Bisquick Heart Smart® mix to 1 cup. Bake 35 to 38 minutes.].
Tasty, but the onions had a strange texture in the dish and ended up overwhelming the taste of some of the veggies. If you aren't crazy about onions I would use about half of the onion or try minced onion instead. Easy recipe though, and satisfying!
This was great and so easy. Wonderful vegetable dish! I would use more salt next time