Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a low fat garden slaw that is simple to put together and you will be surprised it also taste's great. Clipped from a magazine 15 years ago. Most people have no idea it is a diet friendly slaw.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch celery seed
- ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients.
- Chill 30 minutes before serving.
- Can be made early in the day and stored in the fridge.
Lots of yummy garden veggies in this. They all added color and flavor. I used preshredded cabbage mixed with carrots. I used a bit more than a "pinch" of celery seeds. This was excellent for a reduced-fat slaw. A perfect picnic salad! Thanx for sharing!