Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These nutritious muffins are packed with flavour, and satisfy the hungry kid, spouse and baker in you.
- 354.88 ml shredded zucchini
- 3-5 ripe bananas
- 118.29 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 177.44 ml raisins (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, oatmeal, soda, powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine zucchini and banana to equal 2 1/2 cups.
- Add sugar and eggs.
- Add wet to dry and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in raisins.
- Fill greased or lined muffin pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-35 minutes.
I have been looking for something I can take with me for breakfast and I think this is it! I was a little worried that they wouldn't be moist enough as so many muffins that omit oils are... but this one came out great. Thanks!
Everyone loved these. I skipped the sugar all together and used stevia powder, about 3 tsp for the batch. I had no problem with the lack of sugar for "fill." I added the raisins and used white whole wheat flour.
These are some delicious muffins! They freeze well too. Thanks!