- 1⁄3 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄3 cup oat bran
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet potato, mashed, cooked
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, oat bran, cocoa, sugar and salt, if desired, and stir to mix well.
- Add the sweet potato, egg whites, and vanilla extract, and stir to mix well.
- Fold in nuts if desired.
- Coat an 8-inch square pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and bake at 325° for about 25 minutes or until the edges are firm and the center is almost set.
- Cool to room temperature, cut into squares and serve.