Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 30 mins
Cook1 hr 30 mins
THis is alow fat cake that is really enjoyable. It originated from a magazine.
Make and share this Low Fat Fruit and Ginger Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Put apricots,sultanas and prunes in a bowl.
- with brewed tea.
- Leave to soak for 2 hours.
- Heat oven gas 4.
- Lightly grease and line a 2 lb loaf tin.
- Put flour,baking powder,ginger,sugar, and egg in a food blender.
- Blend for 2mins.
- Add fruit and blend to mix.
- Turn into tin and level with knife.
- Bake for 11/4 hours.
- Cool before serving.
This cake is a little spicy gem and to combat some dryness I use an extra large egg.
I found that one egg was not enough to bind the dry ingrediants together so i think 2 eggs are better, also i added some stem ginger ,i also topped the cake with marzipane and ready to roll icing to make a ideal low fat christmas cake.This cake is really tasty,