Leftover rice in the fridge? Thought eating healthy meant fried rice is a thing of the past? No way! Just a few tweaks here and there and you can have nutritious and delicious fried rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop ham, slice vegetables.
- 2Empty rice into large fry pan set on medium and start heating. Add ham.
- 3Add soy sauce. If rice is dry, add a tbs or two of water or rice wine vinegar.
- 4Add vegetables to rice. Mushroom will give off a little "juice" that will color the rice a little browner. This is a good thing.
- 5Heat through so vegetables are soft.
- 6"Pile" the rice mixture into the center of the fry pan.
- 7Break egg, separating yolk out, onto the pile of rice.
- 8Quickly stir into rice turning over so that egg whites are cooked through.
- 9Remove from heat and serve.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Fried Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.4
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 525.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 10.9 g