Recipe by MsTeechur
Leftover rice in the fridge? Thought eating healthy meant fried rice is a thing of the past? No way! Just a few tweaks here and there and you can have nutritious and delicious fried rice.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 ounces lean ham
- 2 egg whites
- 1 large scallion
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 1⁄2 zucchini
- 1⁄2 large portabella mushroom
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop ham, slice vegetables.
- Empty rice into large fry pan set on medium and start heating. Add ham.
- Add soy sauce. If rice is dry, add a tbs or two of water or rice wine vinegar.
- Add vegetables to rice. Mushroom will give off a little "juice" that will color the rice a little browner. This is a good thing.
- Heat through so vegetables are soft.
- "Pile" the rice mixture into the center of the fry pan.
- Break egg, separating yolk out, onto the pile of rice.
- Quickly stir into rice turning over so that egg whites are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve.