Recipe by Christine A
Low fat and healthy for you. Tastes great but you may want to adjust the sugar or spice.
Top Review by Derf
Sorry I didn't have a lot of luck with this recipe. The filler was ok but the biscuit top did not turn out , they didn't rise enough and were very heavy. I may try them again but would use a regular biscuit recipe instead of the bisquick. We did enjoy the filling.
- 4 ripe peaches (skinned and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup jiffy mix baking mix, plus
- 1 tablespoon jiffy mix baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- cinnamon and sugar for shaking on top.
- Combine 1/8 cup water, peaches, both sugars in saucepan.
- Bring to high heat and then lower to simmer.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir only to heat evenly.
- Combine cornstarch in 1/4 cup cold water to dissolve.
- Add to peach mixture.
- Spray glass pie plate with Pam and pour mixture into it.
- Mix all the topping ingredients and drop by spoonfuls on peach mixture.
- Shake on cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake at 400º for 15 minutes, Lower temp to 350º and bake 7-10 minutes longer.
- Serve with Dream Whip topping (made with skim milk) or Fat Free Cool Whip.