Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great way to enjoy a favorite breakfast without the calories.
- 1 (8 ounce) carton egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- low-calorie bread
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg beaters, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Dip the pieces of bread in the egg mixture, then place them in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Brown on each side.
- Serve with light butter and syrup.
Wonderful Sunday breakfast!! I followed the instructions as written and even topped it off with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray and light syrup. Thanks so much for posting!!
Good solid low fat french toast recipe. Instead of egg sub. I used 1 cup of egg whites. I also used vanilla soymilk so I reduced the vanilla to 1/2 tsp. I wondered if 1 tsp. cinnamon would be too much, but I was happy with the results. Instead of actual low calorie bread I used white wheat bread (at 120 calories for 2 pieces) and was able to dip 12 slices into this mixture. Nice easy Saturday morning breakfast. I cut them into sticks and served dipping syrup!
This is great and easy. I used whole wheat bread to keep it healthy. Made it for my Valentines Day breakfast. Will use this recipe again!! Thanks