Recipe by utahmomtotwo
This is my daughter's favorite way to eat frankfurters (hotdogs). She loves the 'homemade' bbq sauce it makes. I love how simple it is to make and that it is something the whole family enjoys.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 turkey hot dogs (frankfurters)
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray skillet with cooking spray; add onion and saute until golden.
- Stir in chili powder; cook 1 minute longer.
- Place frankfurters in a single layer in skillet, turning to coat with onion mixture.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over frankfurters. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.