OHHH my, I made these and they taste so good, You feel like you're cheating. Estimated cost is $8.50 for a months supply. Compare to store bought you will be very surprised at the savings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup crispy brown rice cereal
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups dried unsulfured apricots
- 1 1/2 cups raisins or 1 1/2 cups currants
- 1/2 cup nonfat protein powder
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup brown rice syrup or 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spread oats, cereal and sesame seeds in a 13" x 9" nonstick jelly roll pan.
- 3Bake, stirring occasionally, until oats are toasted, about 15 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, chop apricots (use the food processor); transfer to a large bowl.
- 5Add raisins, protein powder and wheat germ; toss with hands to mix.
- 6Lightly coat jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- 7In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, combine rice syrup and sugar; bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat to low, stir in peanut butter, vanilla and cinnamon.
- 9Quickly pour syrup over oatmeal mixture and stir well.
- 10With wet hands or spatula, immediately spread warm mixture into the jelly roll pan, pressing into a thin, even layer.
- 11(Caution, if you work too slowly, the mixture will harden and be difficult to spread). Chill until firm, at least four hours.
- 12Cut into 2" x 3" bars.
- 13Bars can be wrapped individu ally in wax paper or foil, or stored in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers.
- 14They can be refrigerated for up to four weeks, or frozen for longer storage.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Fitness Energy Bars
Serving Size: 1 (768 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.2
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nonfat protein powder
brown rice syrup
reduced-fat peanut butter