Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Based on a recipe from Sandi Richard (Food Tv Canada). This is a great low-fat alternative for fish and chips.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm white fish fillets (I like cod, cut into strips)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- Combine milk and eggs.
- Combine crumbs and seasoning.
- Dunk fish into egg mixture and then into crumbs.
- Place on baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spray each piece of fish lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook at 375 for about 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
This was really good. I used orange roughy. I wanted a little more to the crust so I lightly dredged in flour, then in egg, milk mixture and then into cereal crumbs. Served as fish tacos with cabbage and a yogurt lime cilantro sauce. Very good and good for you!
We liked this a lot. My youngest thought it was a bit spicy and I didn't even use a full 1/2 tsp. but then I gave him ranch dressing to dip into. I selected this recipe because I just started Weight Watchers and I wanted a low point dinner. I am figuring 5 points per serving. Thanks for a nice and easy weeknight dinner.
This was the best fish I have had that was not deep fried. I'm trying to eat more fish, but it is not my favorite selection. Now that I have found this one, I will be eating much more fish. Thanks so much!!