This is a fast and healthy recipe! Cornmeal adds crunch, and lime and mustard flavour, to these low-fat fish cakes. From the cookbook, "Better Homes and Gardens 3 Steps to Weight Loss: 150 Satisfying Recipes". Serve with Green Goddess sauce or whatever you enjoy. (Recipe makes 3/4 cup sauce.) Nutrition information per serving (includes sauce): 217 calories, 9 grams fat (2 grams saturated), 109 milligrams cholesterol, 20 grams protein, 12 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram dietary fiber and 337 milligrams sodium.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces skinless white fish fillets (such as haddock or cod)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons light mayonnaise or 4 teaspoons salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, finely shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Green Goddess Sauce
- 1Cut fish into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, lime peel, and salt. Add fish; mix well. Form mixture into twelve 1/2-inch-thick patties, about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- 3Coat patties with cornmeal. In a large nonstick skillet or on griddle, heat oil. Add half of the fish cakes. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until fish just flakes when tested with a fork and patties are gold. Repeat with the remaining cakes.
- 4For sauce: Combine yogurt, half of the sour cream and the tarragon in blender and process until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients. For each serving, place three fish cakes on a plate along with 2 tablespoons Green Goddess Sauce. Use remaining sauce as a salad dressing.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Fish Cakes With Green Goddess Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 357.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: