Recipe by cunger
It is a lighter version of a favourite. I like adding chicken and salsa to it to make it a little more filling and well-rounded.
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked macaroni
- 1 3⁄4 cups fat free sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups low fat cottage cheese or 1 3⁄4 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute onions and chicken (cut into bite-sized pieces) until cooked.
- Add mac, cheddar and parsley.
- Process milk, cottage cheese and seasoning until smooth.
- Stir into mixture and salsa into the chicken and mac.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Add about 1/4 cup bread crumbs to top if you like that crusty top.