Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made up this recipe by looking at other low fat carbonara recipes and have been making it for ages. It doesn't take long to prepare. It is just the right amount for one serving or just double it for 2 serves. It's so creamy, you can't even tell it is low in fat!
- 100 g spaghetti or 100 g fettuccine pasta, cooked till al dente
- 2 medium mushrooms, diced
- 2-3 slice 97% fat-free cooked ham or 2-3 slice bacon, diced
- 0.25 ml garlic powder (or to taste)
- 59.14 ml fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
- Lightly spray a medium saucepan with cooking spray (I use the same pan that I cooked the pasta in).
- Add ham and mushrooms to pan and add the garlic powder, cook until soft, over medium heat (If it starts to stick to bottom of pan spray with water).
- Take off the heat and add cooked pasta, egg, evaporated milk, cheese, pepper and parsley.
- Reduce heat to low and return pan to heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens (about 1-2 minutes). Serve topped with extra cheese and pepper, if desired.
I have to say wow i made this recipe today and it is sooooooo good you honestly cant tell that its low fat the only thing i did different was added half an onion as i love them, thumbs up great recipe :)
If you're watching your intake of meat, you can subsitute soy bacon granules by soaking them for about 10 minutes or so in the evaporated milk to rehydrate and it's just as tasty!