Recipe by Newiegirl
I made up this recipe by looking at other low fat carbonara recipes and have been making it for ages. It doesn't take long to prepare. It is just the right amount for one serving or just double it for 2 serves. It's so creamy, you can't even tell it is low in fat!
Top Review by vixen32
I have to say wow i made this recipe today and it is sooooooo good you honestly cant tell that its low fat the only thing i did different was added half an onion as i love them, thumbs up great recipe :)
- 100 g spaghetti or 100 g fettuccine pasta, cooked till al dente
- 2 medium mushrooms, diced
- 2 -3 slices 97% fat-free cooked ham or 2 -3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 pinch garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spray a medium saucepan with cooking spray (I use the same pan that I cooked the pasta in).
- Add ham and mushrooms to pan and add the garlic powder, cook until soft, over medium heat (If it starts to stick to bottom of pan spray with water).
- Take off the heat and add cooked pasta, egg, evaporated milk, cheese, pepper and parsley.
- Reduce heat to low and return pan to heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens (about 1-2 minutes). Serve topped with extra cheese and pepper, if desired.