Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Low Fat, healthy, quilt free eating, gotta love that!
- 12 ounces pasta
- 2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cups vegetables, steamed (your choice, I add broccoli, and cauliflower, sometimes carrots. etc)
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- Place pasta in a large nonstick saute pan along with milk and garlic.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Stir frequently.
- Add cheese.
- Continue cooking until cheese melts and sauce thickens.
- Stir in parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add steamed veggies.
This is a solid good dish if you want some easy and a little more healthy fettuccine alfredo. I didn't use evaporated milk but rice milk with a little tahini and nutritional yeast for me and soy cream with real parmesan cheese for DH. Will surely make this again :) Thanks for posting! Made for Healthy Choices ABC February 2010.