Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this online when doing a search for low fat meals. I don't remember which site it came from, but I've made a few changes from the original and thought I'd add it here. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup low-fat milk (1%)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- In blender, combine cottage cheese, milk, egg yolk and pepper and puree until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat; add puree and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in all but 4 tsp of parmesan cheese.
- Toss cooked noodles with sauce and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
Very impressive! I used the exact ingredients listed and added some garlic powder. It smells and tastes like the real, loaded with fat thing! The only problem is that my sauce didn't thicken at all. So, I added 2 tbsp of cornstarch to 2 tbsp of milk and stirred it into the sauce. It thickened up very nicely. Thanx for sharing this recipe. I'm going to use this recipe (with the added cornstarch) from now on.
Had this recipe years ago, was just talking about it to husband. Haven't made it for years, glad to find it again. We always loved it. Surprised some reviewers disliked it so much, but happens with every recipe, to each his own. It can be a little thin, but I remember that I would put it on the pasta (I liked it on small shells) and stir it up, then let the pasta sit for a few minutes. The starch would thicken it up. We also used to put a clove or two of garlic and red pepper flakes in the blender and puree it all up. Made it garlicky and spicy. Very nice. Also good if you dice up some roasted red pepper and toss it with the sauce & pasta.
Just bad. I was not expecting full fledged Alfredo but something palatable nothing of the sort.very very very bad