Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
Found in the Calgary Herald, a recipe by Marian Miles. Finally, low-fat fettucine alfredo that tastes GOOD!
Top Review by chefdownunda
This recipe produces creamy fettucini, but it was rather bland. Admittedly, I substituted dry basil as I couldn't get fresh, but I increased the garlic and tried to use extra basil. Good if you're on a diet.
- 6 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon pressed garlic, to taste
- 1 sprig basil (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain immediately and return the pasta to the cooking pot.
- Add the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Stir in the evaporated milk, cheese, garlic and basil.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Do not let the mixture cook too much or the pasta will soak up the sauce.
- The mixture should be creamy.
- Serve on warmed plates with a sprig of fresh basil for garnish.