Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was listed in an email that I received from the www.recipe4living.com website. "Whoever said you can't have cream sauce when you're on a diet was a liar! This is a delicious dish that tastes like you're cheating – but your figure won't suffer an inch."
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- In blender, combine cottage cheese, milk, egg yolk and pepper. Puree until smooth.
- In small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add puree and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Stir in all but 4 teaspoons Parmesan cheese.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Toss with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Contains 355 calories each.