1/1 Photo of Low Fat Fajita Pasta
4 hrs 45 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
Sylvie Fortin's Note:
Found this recipe on ILovePasta.org and adapted it slightly. This has incredible flavor and is a wonderful twist on "Fajita Night" at our house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb lean steak
- 1 1/4 cups tomato juice, divided
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1Slice steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch strips.
- 2Place steak in zip-top plastic bag.
- 3Add 1/2 cup tomato juice, lime juice, garlic, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- 4Marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- 5Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, remove steak from marinade. Discard marinade.
- 6Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; add oil and place over high heat until hot enough to sizzle.
- 7Add steak and cook 3 minutes or until done to taste. Remove steak from skillet and keep warm.
- 8Recoat skillet with cooking spray. Add pepper strips and onion to skillet; sauté until crisp-tender.
- 9When pasta is done, drain well. Place in a large bowl.
- 10Add steak, pepper mixture, sour cream, jalapeño, and remaining 3/4 cup tomato juice. Toss.
- 11Add Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- 12NOTE: If desired, sprinkle with shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Fajita Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.8
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 173.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: