Recipe by dgpat
Easy, tasty, low fat - what more could you want from a meal?? Smells SO good while it's cooking too! Even people who don't like eggplant have enjoyed this. Serve with a nice green salad and garlic bread and enjoy!!
Top Review by sugarpea
I'd definitely make this again. I used a ball of "lite" mozzarella, a first time experience. Tasted like plastic so I wasn't hopeful for the outcome. Somehow the magic of cookery turned it into a delicious component of this lower fat lasagne.
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated low-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 (29 ounce) jar Ragu chunky tomato onion & garlic sauce (this sauce is only 3grams of fat per serving and is very good!)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 large eggplants
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice eggplant about 1/4" thick, spray with non-stick spray.
- Place eggplant on a cookie sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- This can be done ahead of time, like on the weekend, so this is a lot quicker for a weeknight meal.
- Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with the non-stick spray and put a small amount of sauce in the bottom of it.
- Place a layer of eggplant on top of the sauce.
- Top the eggplant with the 2 kinds of mozzarella and sprinkle a little parmesan on top.
- Top with a little bit of sauce and continue layering until either the ingredients are used up or you run out of room in the pan (I usually get 3 layers in).
- Top off with the rest of the cheeses.
- Bake in a preheated oven 35-45 minutes or until cheeses are melted and sauce is bubbling.