Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a healthy alternative to traditional egg salad.
- 6 large hard-boiled egg whites (yolks discarded)
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs (yolks included)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- Peel hard boiled eggs and discard 6 yolks.
- In a medium size bowl, add the 6 egg whites and 2 whole; chop.
- Add the celery, green onions, bell pepper, mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper; stir until well mixed.
Yummy. When I went to make this I realized that I had no celery (don't like it and usually just leave it out), no green pepper (totally out), and no green onions (used the last one last night). Which is why I am reviewing this with no stars! But I loved the sour cream/mayo/mustard combo here, and your ratio of whole eggs to egg whites is perfect. I will probably make it this way from now on. Hopefully I'll have the veggies next time!
This is a great recipe for people watching their cholesterol.With this combination you really don't miss the egg yolks and your body thanks you.