Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 (26 ounce) jar tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Sauté ground turkey, green onions, garlic and ½ teaspoon salt in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring 10 minutes or until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Stir in tomato sauce and pepper. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- While meat sauce is simmering, prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles. Stir together noodles, ricotta cheese, sour cream and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt until blended.
- Layer half each of egg noodle mixture and meat mixture, starting with noodles, in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese and bake 5 more minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.