Prep 6 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is a lovely way to have a favorite soup in a very healthy and yummy way.
- 6 cups low-fat chicken broth, well flavored
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh spinach
- 2 -3 sliced green onions, depending on their size and how much you like them
- In a large deep saucepan heat the broth to a boil.
- Lower the heat to low and slowly add the egg white to the broth while stirring.
- Add the Splenda, spinach and green onion and immediately remove from the heat and stir lightly.
- Cover pan and allow it to stand for 2-3 minutes.
What could be easier? Half a recipe was made using chicken stock and chives as I was out of green onions. This was served with Vietnamese spring rolls and Vietnamese Peanut Sauce - Dipping Sauce for Fresh Spring Rolls.
This made a quick, easy and flavorful light lunch, served with a slice of crusty bread. I cut recipe in half for 2 of us. I usually have all of the ingredients on hand, so this will be made whenever I feel like a quick soup. Could even be made heartier with some cooked chicken added. Made for Best of 2011 game.
Such a simple recipe - so tasty too!