Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a slimmed down version of my family's favorite breakfast casserole. They don't even notice the missed fat a calories!
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup egg white (Egg Beaters Egg Whites)
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 2 cups 2% cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat eggs with milk,1 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place hash brown potatoes on bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle remaining onion powder, salt and pepper on potatoes.
- Pour egg mixture on top of potatoes.
- Evenly spread diced ham on top of eggs.
- Evenly spread cheese on top of egg mixture.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Great flavor, quick and easy to make. I made 1/2 the recipe and added a little garlic salt on the potatoes instead of plain salt. Since it was smaller, cooked up in 45 minutes. Made for PAC Fall 2011.