Recipe by Brandy Lynn
Light, easy and delicious! Truly tastes gourmet, and no one ever notices that it's a healthier version. In some recipes the ladyfingers have to be split in half (messy and time consuming) - in this recipe the ladyfingers are used whole. Has less of that artificial taste then recipes with the artificial whipped topping. Also, this recipe has no egg, which when uncooked and at room temperature, can be unsafe. You can also completely or partially replace the sugar with Splenda or Equal if you like; if not use all sugar. You may want to use decaf. coffee if you are eating this as a night time dessert!
- 1 cup soft light cream cheese (small container, 250g)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (small container, 200-250g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 2 ounces Kahlua (optional) or 2 ounces rum (optional)
- 24 ladyfingers (1 package, cookie version)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first four ingredients in mixer or food processor at higher speed until creamy smooth.
- Brew coffee and mix with alcohol.
- Lay half of ladyfingers in a 7 x 11 inch pan that's at least 2 inches deep. Drizzle half of coffee mixture evenly over the lady fingers.
- Put half of cheese mixture evenly over the lady fingers.
- Lay the remaining ladyfingers over the first layer.
- Drizzle the remaining coffee over the ladyfingers and spread the rest of the cheese mixture over top.
- Lightly sprinkle top with cocoa powder through a strainer or sifter.
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 - 8 hours. If preparing the day before, decrease the coffee amount by 1/4 to 1/8 cup.